Hurd Builders turned the vision of our dream home into a reality. From the moment we met with Russ and Mel Hurd, we knew they were the builders for us. They were there guiding us every step of the way including the planning process, site work, permitting and selections. They managed the project beautifully and delivered our gorgeous home on time and on budget. Not only are they top notch, the subcontractors they use are conscientious, professional and do an outstanding job as well. We feel blessed to have found Hurd Builders, to have worked with them and to now live in our forever home. We would highly recommend Hurd Builders!
“When we decided we wanted to build our dream home, we were overwhelmed with what builder we should choose. The first builder we called was very dismissive and unresponsive with us. The 2nd builder we called was Hurd Builders. We are so very thankful that we chose them to build our home! Being a husband and wife team, they know what it’s like to make multiple decisions together as a couple. Melody and Russ work beautifully as a team. They were both extremely responsive and patient with us throughout every single step of the home building process. They worked with us using our own drawings and enhanced them to make our dream a reality. One year later, we couldn’t be happier with our beautifully, solidly built, forever home! Thank you Mel & Russ!”
“We cannot say enough good things about Hurd Builders. In building our first home we were hesitant on the process, especially after speaking with other builders, but Russ and Mel made it seem easy. They will work with you throughout each step of the process and truly help you get everything you want out of your project. They were wonderful at communicating with us throughout the build which helped us feel a part of every step. Russ and Mel are honest and will make good on all terms of your agreement. They were the difference in making the building process a fun one as opposed to a stressful one. They also work with amazing contractors who are friendly, knowledgable and skilled. We recommend Hurd Builders to everyone we know!”
“I can’t say enough about Hurd Builders. Mel and Russ are professional, patient, and just great people to work with. My husband and I started out with “pie-in-the-sky” dreams for our future home, and they worked SO well together to help us tailor our house plans and future home to exactly what we wanted, while advising us on things that wouldn’t have been in our best interest. Every contractor they use is also top notch! Our final product is absolutely our dream come true!”
“We would like to share our building experience and act as a recommendation for your company. Let us break the experience down into the steps taken:
- Pre-commitment experience. We started working with three builders. The other two were quickly eliminated after visiting our lot with Russ. He listened to our wants and recommended we flip the home end for end that got us our desired full daylight basement (very important to us) and enhanced our view of the valley. The other builders were only going to get one corner of the basement out of the ground and the garage was going to block most of the view.
- Home design. We had a floor plan of the home we thought we wanted. However, after consulting with Mel and Russ we agreed with many of their suggestions and we made quite a few positive changes to our initial design – including: relocation of the basement steps, making the kitchen/dining area larger and flipping the deck and screened porch to take better advantage of the view.
- Home construction. Russ quoted six months start to finish. Russ had the home completed in the time frame quoted and in fact had it completed two months before we even wanted to move in. Our frequent visits and questions/comments during the construction were encouraged by Russ and resulted in a few running changes.
- Final cost. We’ve always heard that contractors quote low and make it up on the change orders. We are pleased to say Mel took the time up front to work with us and determining what we wanted and quoted accordingly. The home came in on budget, no end of construction surprises!
- Home warranty. After one year in the home we received a call from Mel telling us it was time to do a walk thru to fix anything that needed fixing. Our response was, we didn’t need to do the exercise. We didn’t have so much as a nail pop that needed fixing!
Would we use your company again, absolutely! You made the home building experience enjoyable and rewarding. We would love to do it again!”
“Building a home was NEVER on my bucket list of things I had or even wanted to do. But you, Mel and Russ, actually made it a pleasant experience! You nudged a little when needed, but never harassed. You suggested, but never demanded. You stood by your work throughout and made sure we were satisfied and happy!
I loved when I asked if I could have a kitchen counter to work at that actually fits me, you said, why not? And now, I love it! I loved when I asked for lots of light, you came up with the most beautiful, big windows so that every day I feel I’m half inside and half outside, just like I like. I loved that when I asked for lots of built-ins, you said, “Sure”, and made it happen. Now, even though our clutter habits haven’t changed, I have lots of places to hide things! There are so many of those “I loved’s”! When I described what I wanted things to feel like, you listened and did your best to create that for us. I loved that every step of the way, you tried to give us just what we were asking for, without breaking the budget.
Everyday, I wake up and love living here. I feel so blessed to have our home, and I thank you both for making it possible.
You two are a great team who take pride in and stand by your work. I am so happy to have met you.
Best regards and hoping things are going well in your world.”