“We would like to share our building experience and act as a recommendation for your company. Let us break the experience down into the steps taken:
- Pre-commitment experience. We started working with three builders. The other two were quickly eliminated after visiting our lot with Russ. He listened to our wants and recommended we flip the home end for end that got us our desired full daylight basement (very important to us) and enhanced our view of the valley. The other builders were only going to get one corner of the basement out of the ground and the garage was going to block most of the view.
- Home design. We had a floor plan of the home we thought we wanted. However, after consulting with Mel and Russ we agreed with many of their suggestions and we made quite a few positive changes to our initial design – including: relocation of the basement steps, making the kitchen/dining area larger and flipping the deck and screened porch to take better advantage of the view.
- Home construction. Russ quoted six months start to finish. Russ had the home completed in the time frame quoted and in fact had it completed two months before we even wanted to move in. Our frequent visits and questions/comments during the construction were encouraged by Russ and resulted in a few running changes.
- Final cost. We’ve always heard that contractors quote low and make it up on the change orders. We are pleased to say Mel took the time up front to work with us and determining what we wanted and quoted accordingly. The home came in on budget, no end of construction surprises!
- Home warranty. After one year in the home we received a call from Mel telling us it was time to do a walk thru to fix anything that needed fixing. Our response was, we didn’t need to do the exercise. We didn’t have so much as a nail pop that needed fixing!
Would we use your company again, absolutely! You made the home building experience enjoyable and rewarding. We would love to do it again!”